Davis Law’s CEO Marshal H. Davis, Esq., MBA, LLM to Speak at Lorman Education Services Continuing Education Seminar: “IRS Form 1099 Reporting: What You Need to Know”
Seminar details: http://www.lorman.com/seminars/391352
From the seminar web page:
The 1099 forms are confusing – can you afford to only grasp the basics?
Independent contractors save your business money, but increasing IRS scrutiny can put you at risk. Fail to meet all the 1099 filing requirements, and you may land in a hotbed of penalties. With a maze of 1099 forms, and confusing and ever-changing IRS reporting guidelines, mastering the 1099 can be a daunting task for any business.
Attend this informative seminar and sharpen your 1099 savvy. Develop better, more accurate reporting skills – keep your business audit-ready and in compliance. Determine a worker’s status without hesitation – every time – and stay current and in the clear.
Benefits for You
- Walk through the 1099 series of forms with ease – know which form you need to use
- Pinpoint when to issue a W-2 or 1099 form
- Perfect your backup withholding rules know-how
- Increase your filing savvy and avoid late filing and failure to file penalties
- You will be able to review common types of 1099s.
- You will be able to discuss Form 1099-MISC.
- You will be able to explain Section 530 Revenue Act.
- You will be able to describe how to stay in compliance.